Sustainable Finance Policy Analyst (EU and UK)
Location: Brussels / London
Salary: Competitive and dependent on experience
About Hanbury Strategy
We turn insight into impact. Whether you face a communications challenge or have a policy goal, our exceptional team uses our understanding of regulation, politics and the press to create campaigns that work. We have a relentless focus on achieving great results for our clients.
We are looking to grow the team with the recruitment of a Sustainable Finance Policy Analyst, who would relish the opportunity to support the next stage of our growth. This person would actively help the team deliver Public Affairs counsel to clients in the financial services sector, servicing some of the biggest and most exciting global brands. You will be working on projects that will genuinely leave their mark! Many of our clients are interested in policy developments in both the EU and UK, and are keen to understand the interplay between both. We are therefore looking for someone who would be interested to cover the topic across both jurisdictions.
- You have up to three years experience working in the EU and/or UK institutions or supervisors, national governments, trade associations or public affairs consultancies.
- You have a demonstrable understanding of EU and/or UK institutions and policy making.
- You have affinity with sustainability topics and ideally, you have experience working in financial services policy.
Client Account Servicing
As a Sustainable Finance Policy Analyst in the Public Affairs team of Hanbury you will:
- Work across a portfolio of client accounts supporting the team to ensure the efficient running of those accounts.
- Be responsible for advising clients on sustainable finance policy developments in the EU and in the UK
- Be skilled in undertaking policy and political analysis and monitoring salient policy developments.
- Work effectively within a dynamic team, contributing with increasing confidence to internal and external client meetings.
- Handle general account management effectively, demonstrating great attention
- Contribute to client and new business proposals and presentations, providing
support to colleagues, including media, policy and client sector research.
- Have a business-oriented mindset, facilitating growth with existing clients and participating in new business development.
- Take the initiative to attend relevant external events and start to build a network and promote Hanbury.
Further details and benefits
- Working hours are 9-6 with one hour for lunch.
- Your holiday allowance is 26 (Brussels) days or 28 days (London) pro rata with some closure days over Christmas and all bank holidays.
- We will offer you a competitive compensation package.
- Access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
- Health insurance.
- We work in a hybrid approach to the office, you are welcome to work flexibly.
- You will be based in either Brussels or London.
Hanbury Strategy is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender or gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex or sexual orientation. As part of our commitment to equal opportunities, we are open to discussions about alternative working patterns or hours.
Please let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments to be made during recruitment or in employment for reasons associated with your physical or mental health. We are committed to ensuring everyone is able to fully participate in whatever way is most appropriate for them.