Job Title: EU Financial Services Policy Manager
Working For: Hanbury Strategy
Salary: Competitive and dependant on experience
EU Financial Services Policy Manager - Hanbury Strategy
About Hanbury Strategy
We turn insight into impact. Whether you face a communications challenge or have a policy goal, our exceptional team uses our understanding of regulation, politics and the press to create campaigns that work. We have a relentless focus on achieving great results for our clients.
We are looking to grow the team with the recruitment of an Account Manager, someone with at least 2 - 3 years experience, who would relish the opportunity to support the next stage of our growth. This person would actively help the team deliver EU Public Affairs counsel to clients in the financial services sector, servicing some of the biggest and most exciting global brands. You will be working on projects that will genuinely leave their mark!
- You have had experience in the EU institutions or supervisors, national governments, trade associations or public affairs consultancies.
- You have a demonstrable understanding of EU institutions and policy making.
- Ideally, you have experience working in EU financial services policy.
Client Account Servicing
As an Account Manager in the EU Public Affairs team of Hanbury you will:
- Work across a portfolio of client accounts supporting the team to ensure the efficient running of those accounts.
- Be skilled in undertaking policy and political analysis and monitoring salient policy developments.
- Work effectively within a dynamic team, contributing with increasing confidence to internal and external client meetings.
- Handle general account management effectively, demonstrating great attention to detail with minimum instruction and guidance.
- Contribute to client and new business proposals and presentations, providing support to colleagues, including media, policy and client sector research.
- Have a business-oriented mindset, facilitating growth with existing clients and participating in new business development. You will also think laterally about opportunities to introduce different parts of the wider business.
- Take the initiative to attend relevant external events and start to build a network and promote Hanbury.
Further details and benefits
- You will be eligible for the 2023 discretionary performance-related bonus scheme.
- Working hours are 9-6 with one hour for lunch.
- Your holiday allowance is 26 days pro rata with some closure days over Christmas. (We top up your Belgium legal days with 'Hanbury days')
- Monizze lunch vouchers and Eco vouchers.
- DKV Health Insurance (cover includes hospitalisation and outpatient reimbursements).
- Hanbury will pay 71.8% of the monthly travel allowance set by the joint committee. Currently the value of this is €34 for those living further than 3km from the office.
- Access to our confidential International Employee Assistance Programme.
- We work in a hybrid approach to the office, you are welcome to work flexibly.
- You will be based in Brussels, but asked to travel as necessary to London or other parts of Europe.
- A rich and diverse people development programme including fortnightly internal training sessions and a full annual programme of external trainers and inspirational speakers.