Job Title: Director, EU Digital Services / Financial Services
Working For: Hanbury Strategy
To start: Summer 2022
Salary: Competitive and dependent on experience
About Hanbury Strategy
Hanbury Strategy is a fast growing strategic advisory firm that provides regulatory and political counsel to some of the most exciting brands in the digital, financial services and health sectors.
We turn insight into impact. Whether you face a communications challenge or have a policy goal, our exceptional team uses our understanding of public opinion, the press and politics to create campaigns that work. We have a relentless focus on achieving great results for our clients.
To support the continued growth and development of the EU Public Affairs function, we are looking for a new Director to join our team. The successful candidate will have a passion for politics and a shrewd understanding of the EU political and regulatory landscape, in particular in either Digital Services, Connectivity, or Financial Services. You will be someone who is committed to delivering excellence, with a growth mindset that thrives in a fast-paced environment.
As future leaders of the company, Directors play a pivotal role managing both ‘up and down’ internally and with clients. Directors are instrumental in the development of the firm, across the design and delivery of plans for quality, talent and growth.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Leads by example going above and beyond for clients, providing them with sound regulatory analysis and strategic engagement advice.
- Oversees a portfolio of client accounts. Responsible for the efficient and profitable running of the portfolio, working with people above and below to deliver excellence.
- Sets up relevant and measurable client programmes with realistic KPIs (we deliver excellence, under promise and over deliver).
- Manages resourcing requirements of the portfolio, forward planning appropriate team structures to deliver client work optimally.
Leadership and management
- Directors form part of the Senior Leadership Team of the EU team and wider Hanbury collective.
- Consistently champions excellence, leading by example within their team and across the whole firm.
- Successfully manages junior colleagues, including delegation, motivation, feedback and development.
- Drawing on the full expertise and resources of the firm to develop and deliver advice that helps our clients build and protect their reputations.
- Collaborates with Partners on recruitment and drives change and improvement of working practices and team operations.
- Responsible for client retention and delivering organic growth on accounts within their portfolio.
- Actively networks and builds relationships with influencers within the industry and potential new business leads.
- Develops and leads well-structured and creative new business proposals and pitch presentations, in partnership with Partners.
- Contributes to marketing plans
The ideal candidate profile
- Is passionate about excellence, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Has a shrewd understanding of the EU political and regulatory landscape, in particular in either Digital Services, Connectivity or Financial Services.
- Has an excellent Brussels network.
- Has experience working for the EU institutions, an agency, in-house or a trade association.
- Is interested in current affairs and the intersection of business, politics and society.
- Is an experienced, emotionally intelligent and inclusive people manager and leader.
- Can confidently build client programmes, advising on policy and engagement.
- Has excellent interpersonal skills to encourage respectful debate and is not afraid to offer contrarian views, take risks or swim against the tide.
- Has first class verbal and written communications skills.
- Excited to be part of a dynamic team, not afraid to break new ground and find new ways to solve old problems.
- Dedicated to producing high quality work and going the extra mile.
- An entrepreneurial approach, with the ability to think on your feet.
- Have an interest in current affairs and how it impacts corporate clients.
- Enjoy working with people with a diverse range of backgrounds and opinions.
- Personable, respectful and a team player.
- 26 days’ paid leave plus bank holidays and additional time off over Christmas.
- Annual discretionary bonus scheme.
- Normal working hours are 9am - 6pm.
- Offices on Rond Point Robert Schuman, Brussels. A flexible, employee-led hybrid working policy.
- Monizze lunch vouchers.
- Health insurance (cover includes hospitalisation and outpatient reimbursements).
- A monthly travel allowance.
- Access to a full social and cultural calendar and employee wellness programmes
- A ‘work from abroad’ policy for up to 20 days a year.
- A rich and diverse people development programme including fortnightly internal training sessions and a full annual programme of external trainers and inspirational speakers.