Communications Director - Hanbury Strategy
About Hanbury Strategy
We turn insight into impact. Whether you face a communications challenge or have a policy goal, our exceptional team uses our understanding of public opinion, the press and politics to create campaigns that work. We have a relentless focus on achieving great results for our clients.
Hanbury has grown significantly since its formation more than five years ago. We are looking to bring on board a Communications Director to help deliver excellence across a range of clients. This Director will have 7+ years’ experience working with or in the media or in an agency, and will play a key role in delivering excellence across a range of clients.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Overseeing a portfolio of accounts and setting a clear direction to deliver results for clients.
- Developing communications plans and providing strategic advice to clients to help build and protect their reputations
- Successfully managing junior colleagues on accounts, including delegation, motivation, feedback and development.
- Developing and leading well-structured and creative new business proposals and pitch presentations.
- Actively networking and building relationships within the industry and potential new business leads.
- Being a consistent champion of excellence, leading by example within your team and across the whole firm.
- Taking time to invest in the culture of the business and celebrate team successes.
- Excited to be part of a dynamic team, working with clients from a range of industries.
- 7+ years’ experience in the media or an agency.
- Not afraid to break new ground and find new ways to solve old problems.
- Dedicated to producing high quality work and going the extra mile.
- An entrepreneurial approach, with the ability to think on your feet.
- Enjoy working with people with a diverse range of backgrounds and opinions.
- Personable, respectful and a team player
- 28 days’ paid leave plus bank holidays and time off over Christmas.
- Pension plan - 4% company contribution.
- Annual discretionary bonus scheme.
- Normal working hours are 9am - 6pm with some earlier/later shifts for monitoring.
- Offices in Spitalfields Second Home.
- Cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan.
- The opportunity to opt in to Vitality including private health care and subsidised gym.
- Access to a full social and cultural calendar and employee wellness programmes - this summer/autumn we are adopting hybrid working practices and so the programme is part virtual, part face-to-face.
- A rich and diverse people development programme including fortnightly internal training sessions and a full annual programme of external trainers and inspirational speakers.