Executive - Hanbury Strategy [REF: 0031]
We turn insight into impact. Whether you face a communications challenge or have a policy goal, our exceptional team uses our understanding of public opinion, the press and politics to create campaigns that work. We have a relentless focus on achieving great results for our clients.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
We are seeking an enthusiastic new recruit with a keen interest in the media, politics and campaigns to support the team on a variety of projects.
You will work directly with colleagues at all levels of the company, giving you the opportunity to develop your skills with experienced professionals from across the worlds of politics, business and media. You will be involved in a range of tasks and projects, which might include:
- Drafting background briefings and conducting desk research on a range of policy areas and important issues
- Monitoring for key developments in the press and Parliament that are relevant to clients
- Drafting a range of media materials, including press releases and op-eds
- Researching, analysing and collating political outputs from Westminster, Whitehall and regulators, and ensuring these are presented in a client-friendly format
- Assisting with business development
Skills and Experience
- Six months to one year’s experience in a professional environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Be a generalist, and eager to learn a lot, at pace, about new industries and policy areas
- Able to manage your time effectively
- Diligent with a keen eye for detail
- Dedicated to producing high quality work and going the extra mile
- 28 days’ paid leave plus bank holidays and time off over Christmas.
- Pension plan - 4% company contribution.
- Annual discretionary bonus scheme.
- Normal working hours are 8am - 6pm with some earlier/later shifts for monitoring.
- Offices in Spitalfields Second Home.
- Cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan.
- The opportunity to opt in to Vitality including private health care and subsidised gym.
- Access to a full social and cultural calendar and employee wellness programmes.
- A rich and diverse people development programme including fortnightly internal training sessions and a full annual programme of external trainers and inspirational speakers.