About Hanbury Strategy
Hanbury Strategy is a fast-growth strategic advisory firm that provides political analysis and insight to clients from the FTSE 100 through to fast-growth, disruptive start-ups.
Described as 'one of the most exciting start-ups in the space for some years,' Hanbury's EU team is fast growing and provides clients with analysis and strategic advice on political and regulatory developments in Brussels and Member States.
Description of the function
What is on offer
- A 6-month long paid internship with our EU Public Affairs team focusing on financial services (including green finance) or digital policy.
- You will have the opportunity to work directly on client projects and to learn from the most senior and experienced people in the business.
- You will be given a one-on-one mentor responsible for your development at Hanbury.
- Get fully involved in our culture and have access to virtual activities such as cooking classes, fitness classes and many more.
- You will research policy and political developments across Europe, dealing with what happens in the EU institutions and the impact on some of the largest companies in the world.
- You will work on some of the most defining events in European policymaking and politics, from the European Green Deal, to the regulation of digital platforms and EU-US future relationship.
- You will work in a small team, supporting client work and overall monitoring and analysis.
- Have a passion for European affairs and politics.
- Have a desire to learn new things.
- Have the ability to work well within teams.
- Speak and write in impeccable, fluent English. Other European languages are an advantage.
- Be excited by the opportunity to work on new projects.
- Have a strong work ethic.
Benefits of the position
Who is eligible
- You will have at least a Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject.
We are offering a competitive salary package and the opportunity to join a fast-growing team.
How to apply:
To apply, simply answer `Why Hanbury?' and one additional question (below) and send us your CV.
If successful, this internship will start in January 2022 and be for six months. The internship will take place in our Brussels office. Hanbury implements a flexible remote work policy.
250 words per answer
Choose one of the next questions:
- Why is it important to complete the Capital Markets Union and which steps should be taken?
- What can businesses expect of the new dawn of the EU-US relationship in digital and tech?
- How is the concept of digital sovereignty shaping EU policies?