We are looking for an enthusiastic new recruit to join Hanbury Strategy’s new Media Monitoring Unit!
You will help to produce high quality products for our clients. The role will involve monitoring across print, broadcast and online, including both media and political sources. It would suit someone with strong communication skills who has an interest in politics and the media.
What’s on offer
- An 18 month long apprenticeship in our Media Monitoring Unit.
- A Hanbury apprenticeship can often lead to a permanent role.
The ideal Apprentice will
Be a news junky!
- Have a genuine interest in public relations, communications and politics.
- Be a proactive ‘self-starter’: someone who takes the initiative to volunteer for tasks, is energetic in making the most of the opportunity, and offers ideas at meetings
- Want to learn new things.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be organised and have good time management: you can juggle different activities, understanding what needs to be prioritised, and will flag if deadlines won’t be met
- Show attention to detail: you consistently ensure that you review your pieces of work and submit to a good standard even when things are busy.
- Have the ability to work well within teams.
- Have a strong work ethic.
- Anybody over the age of 18.
- You must not have a degree.
- GCSE Grades 9-4 (A*- C) or equivalent in English Language and maths
- Minimum of 3 A Levels or equivalent
Things to consider
- You will be required to work flexible hours to meet the needs of clients. This will require you to work either an early shift (06:00 - 15:00) or a late shift (11:00 - 20:00).
- 28 days’ paid leave plus bank holidays and some time off over Christmas.
- Pension plan with 4% employer contributions.
- Discretionary bonus and competitive pay.
- Complimentary Employee Assistance Programme and Doctor Care Anywhere.
- Access to a full social and cultural calendar and employee wellness programmes.
- A diverse people development programme including fortnightly internal training sessions and a full annual programme of external trainers and inspirational speakers.
- Flexible working - with optional office and remote working.